Ray Bradbury said, “Love what you do and do what you love. Don’t listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. You do what you want, what you love. Imagination should be the center of your life.”
When you close your eyes and imagine what a typical day would look like for you if you really did what you loved what would that day look like? Many people don’t even know what that would look like because they have excepted the reality that they are living into. What if I told you that you make your own reality. You live in the way that you believe you have to. Who do you think is holding your cards? What fear controls you and influences the decisions you make with your life?
Many people have a fear of dying. I have a fear of living like I was dead. How do we do that?
- When we make decisions based on what we think we have to do.
- When we stay in the same patterns that we are unhappy with because we can not imagine anything greater or maybe we can imagine it but don’t believe anything else is possible for us.
- When you keep people in your life that drag you down and fill your life with negativity.
- When we make excuses or complain about what is lacking in our lives instead of enjoying and being thankful for the present.
- When we blame someone else for the turns our lives have taken instead of taking responsibility for our actions and realizing we have the power to change.
You may be thinking it is too late to pick up my dreams, to imagine, to live again but the beauty is you can make that decision in any moment. You can make the decision to live. You are never too old and it is never too late to follow your dreams. Things change over time and dreams change. Take a moment today to stop and imagine.
We spend so much of our lives often building someone else’s dream and making their goals a priority. It is time you did that for yourself. Here is a great article about “Following Your Dreams No Matter Your Age”. Don’t let anything or anyone stop you!!